It seems week after week there’s something more unsettling regarding Zika in the news. Once again, this week has been no different. So, what do we do about it? Do we stay indoors for the rest of the year? Should we start wearing long pants, or perhaps a parka to keep from being bitten even though we live in a sub-tropical climate? Absolutely not! Mosquito Squad of Victoria believes you should be able to enjoy your yard no matter what time of day or year it is. That’s why we are dedicated to helping you rid your yard of mosquitoes and taking your yard back.
In a recent article, Texas health officials warn the Zika virus will arrive soon. What’s even more unsettling about the report is that the coastal areas of Texas are expected to be hit the hardest. Knowing we live in a very rainy, humid and hot area means the mosquito population will be extremely active through October at least. This means more time for mosquitoes to continue feeding and breeding, which is not good news. There are things you can do in order to reduce the mosquito population around your home. You can follow the T’s of mosquito control!
The T’s of Mosquito Control
- TIP:Tip over items in your yard to reduce standing water and help eliminate mosquito breeding areas. Such as sandboxes, toys, and wagons. Also, planting saucers and dog bowls. Other hotspots include gutters and flat roofs.
- TOSS:Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yard as these areas are ripe for mosquito breeding.
- TURN:Turn over large yard items that could hold water like children’s sandboxes or plastic toys.
- TARPS/REMOVE:If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats, or sports equipment aren’t taught, they’re holding water. Remove them or keep them pulled tight.
- TAKE CARE:Take care of home maintenance needs that can contribute to standing water, including cleaning out gutters and making sure downspouts are attached properly, keeping your lawn grass low, and check irrigation systems for leaking.
- TEAM UP:Despite taking all precautions in your own home, talking with neighbors is a key component to mosquito, and tick, control. Townhomes and homes with little space between lots mean that mosquitoes can breed at a neighbor’s home, and affect your property.
- TREAT:Utilize Mosquito Squad’s Barrier Spray protection program around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment reduces the need for spraying DEET containing bug spray on your children. We can eliminate up to 90% of the mosquitoes on a property.
To find out how Mosquito Squad of Victoria can assist you in keeping your yard mosquito free all season long, call us today at , email us at email@example.com, fill out our form to the upper right, or visit our website for even more information. We look forward to hearing from you soon!