It’s that time of year again. While the days are longer and more pleasant, those annoying, biting mosquitoes are back to wreaking havoc in our backyards. Have you already noticed the mosquitoes in your backyard? Breeding and biting season for mosquitoes is upon us and is not going to subside for at least 4-5 months. Don’t allow these pests to hold you hostage in your home, keeping you from enjoying the outdoors this spring and summer. Mosquito Squad of Victoria has the solution to rid your yard of these unwanted, blood sucking pests.
There are several preventative measures you can take to insure your children are not being constantly bitten by mosquitoes. One very important step is to follow the 5 “T’s”:
1. Tip-Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters, and flat roofs.
2. Toss-Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards.
3. Turn-Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. Remove Tarps-If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. Treat-Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
Following these simple guidelines can help reduce the amount of breeding areas for mosquitoes, and this is especially important for the Asian tiger as it maintains such a small area of inhabitation (less than 200 meters).
Standing water in your yard could potentially breed millions of mosquitoes. The first place they’ll get their meal is more than likely you or your family members.
For season long protection, contact us to deal with your Victoria, Texas mosquitoes; let us take you and your family off the mosquito dinner menu. We will ensure your yard will be one that is enjoyed by everyone due to the lack of biting, buzzing, pesky insects.Contact Mosquito Squad of Victoria to learn more about preventing mosquitoes and the diseases they carry from taking up residence in your backyard. Call us today at (361) 894 – 8642, email us at email@example.com, or visit our website. We look forward to hearing from you soon!